Stodghill November/ December 2016 Bahamas update
Category : Bahamas
Relief due to Hurricane Matthew
· Support level update
· commissioning services
Greetings to you this glorious Christmas season!
May we be like the shepherds when Christ was born…being filled with joy and praise and having the desire to share what God has revealed to us.
Luke 2:20 “and the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.”
We have much to praise and worship Christ for this year!
Relief due to Hurricane Matthew:
Recently, we were very blessed to serve the Bahamas following the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. We had the privilege to be the ones to deliver generous checks from the donors of the PCA to MTW’s appeal for relief after Hurricane Matthew. These monies will go to help the people on the islands of New Providence, Andros and Grand Bahamas.
The pictures below are of our check presentations: 1) to the Department of Social Services for help in replacing school books and uniforms for the children on the Island of Andros. 2) to St. Andrew’s Kirk (The “Kirk”) staff members for help in buying building and roofing supplies, and bedding for the poor and elderly in Bain and Grant’s town on New Providence Island.
This Thanksgiving was truly that…. A time of great thanksgiving!!
We praise the Lord that we were able to celebrate this joyous time with ALL our children, and their spouses, and ALL five (5) grandchildren under the same roof here in South Carolina. This was an extremely special couple of days!! (ok some of you know our son John is out of the United States—- so see below how we pulled this off…)
Support level update:
Praise the Lord with us as we can now see the “light at the end of the tunnel” at the close of our year of itinerating. We have visited many wonderful places, worshipped and been fed by the Holy Spirit in many churches and had the opportunity to share our story for the Bahamas with many interesting and encouraging people. We thank you for your generosity and vision in spreading the gospel of Christ. Our Team Lead is currently in the process of moving to the Bahamas and plans to be celebrating Christmas 2016 in the Bahamas. We are currently still in need of $600 per month. Please consider what you and or your friend’s participation in this ministry might be. We are trusting God’s provision and are currently making plans to be with the rest of the team to make the move to the Bahamas in January 2017.
We also are very excited to announce that each of our two (2) sending churches have planned commissioning services for us. We would love each of you to be present for these as you are able!
–Grace Fellowship Presbyterian in Albertville, Alabama on Sunday December 11 during the morning worship service.
–Westminster Presbyterian Church in Sumter, South Carolina on Sunday December 18 during the morning worship service.
As we enter the Christmas season we want to thank our God for each of you. Whether you are a prayer supporter, financial supporter, or a member of a supporting church we praise God that He is allowing us all to take part in this new church planting work in the Bahamas.
Thank you for being a large part of God’s plan for us to serve Christ full time overseas.
We are thankful for God’s plans, and provision for Him to be known, loved served and adored.
1) Pray for remaining $600 monthly donations to come in as we prepare to move.
Our financial support basses is made up of 44 individuals and 9 churches giving either monthly, quarterly, or annually as well as many others who have given one time donations to our account through MTW.
We praise God for such a network of supporters and partners who are trusting us and allowing us to represent them in this new work of discipleship and mentoring the next generation bringing “Thy Kingdom Come” to the Bahamas and beyond. Please continue to pray for the balance of our funds to come in, and what part you may have in this.
2) Please pray as we return to New Providence Island on January 9th to firm up our housing and moving arrangements.
3) Pray for us to have wisdom to know what to ship and what to buy when we get in country.
4) Pray for our team and team leader as they start to establish relationships in Nassau and we transition from short term work to long term. Pray God draws us to Him and to each other as a team.
5) Pray for our marriage during this time of transition that we will not neglect the Word and prayer time together in the midst of all this busyness and change.
1) Praise God He has allowed us to be involved personally in the Bahamas with five (5) work opportunities this year. We look forward to moving and staying put for awhile in the Bahamas.
2) Praise God for allowing us one more holiday season with our family in the States.
3) Praise God for the two commissioning services planned for us
– December 11 at Grace Fellowship Presbyterian church in Albertville, Alabama
– December 18 at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Sumter, South Carolina
4) Praise God for His amazing provision in that all our needs have been met this year as we have been without full time employment and income since January 2016.
We pray you and your families are joining us with praise and worship of the King of kings this wonderful Christmas season.
We love you all and pray for you
John and Karen Stodghill
p.s. If you are interested in making a tax deductible gift for the holidays, head over to our page on MTW’s website. Let us know if you have any questions.
Donations address: Mission to the World, PO Box 2589, Suwanee, GA 30024 (please put our last name and account # on any checks Account#17065)